Rochdale Friends Meeting House was built in 1808 and was demolished in 1968. However the Friends burial ground is preserved by Rochdale council as a memorial garden.
In its time, the Rochdale Quaker Meeting House provided spiritual hospitality to many radical thinkers, social reformers, conscientious objectors and peace activists, as well as for the Adult School Movement; It was a place of quiet reflection for many who wished to worship in the non-credal manner of Friends.
Rochdale Friends no longer have a meeting house but gather to worship in each other’s homes much as the early friends did. Friends meet every second and forth Sunday from 10:00am until 11:00am. For further details regarding these meetings please see the ‘ News & Events’ page.